Can you relate to this picture? Has your project hit the ditch? According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), 70% of projects fail to meet their intended goals! Most often there are warning signs a project may be about to go off track, but not always.
I get it; projects start with the best intentions, then something happens. Another higher priority. Personnel changes or attrition. Production issues. Change in the market. The list goes on and on.
If you’re looking to get your project out of the ditch and back on the road, I can help! I won’t judge…promise. The following approach is taken for projects I help recover:
- Understand the project’s original intent
- Review the initial project scope and any available information
- Meet with leadership to understand project importance and strategic fit
- Identify what the key challenges and roadblocks are
- Meet with stakeholders and team members to understand challenges
- Identify breakdowns and complications
- Pinpoint solutions to the biggest problems
- You can’t fix all the problems, so collaborate to identify the biggest issues and resolve those
- Refocus goals, timelines, and RESUME the work
- Obtain agreement on project scope and timeline
- Re-Kick-off the project and keep it on the road!
If your project has gone off track and needs to be recovered, Contact Me today!